Take a look at the Table of Contents and selected pages below.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Problem solving, as it’s covered in this book, is the systematic investigation of a process to identify the root cause of the gap, taking corrective action to eliminate the gap, and keep the problem from occurring in the future.
- Understand work as a process
- Identify important problems to work on
- Develop team skills
- Find the root cause
- Generate innovative solutions
Use these 7 step processes to solve organizational problems. Contains examples in health care and information technology. Includes new material on Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Scatter Diagram, A3 Charts, as well as a tool for verifying root causes. Teams have often learned about the tools apart from the context of a problem-solving situation. The 7-Step Model presented in this book provides this context. Provides teams with a step-by-step approach to problem solving, includes sub-steps with recommended tools for doing each of the 7 steps, and illustrates a case example that is introduced throughout each step and tool application.
As a bonus the appendix now holds the key to Kaizen Blitz!
- Finding and solving problems in your organization’s processes
- Using a systematic model to solve simple to complex problems
- How to easily and clearly implement the 7-Step problem-solving model
- Creating a storyboard
- Expert tips throughout the Jogger, clearly marked
- Advanced problem-solving concepts and techniques
ISBN: 978-1-57681-135-1 (Pocket Guide)
ISBN: 978-1-57681-182-5 (Desktop Guide)