Take a look at the Table of Contents and selected pages below.
Problem solving, as it’s covered in this book, is the systematic investigation of a process to identify the root cause of the gap, taking corrective action to eliminate the gap, and keep the problem from occurring in the future.
- Understand work as a process
- Identify important problems to work on
- Develop team skills
- Find the root cause
- Generate innovative solutions
Use these 7 step processes to solve organizational problems. Contains examples in health care and information technology. Includes new material on Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Scatter Diagram, A3 Charts, as well as a tool for verifying root causes. Teams have often learned about the tools apart from the context of a problem-solving situation. The 7-Step Model presented in this book provides this context. Provides teams with a step-by-step approach to problem solving, includes sub-steps with recommended tools for doing each of the 7 steps, and illustrates a case example that is introduced throughout each step and tool application.
As a bonus the appendix now holds the key to Kaizen Blitz!
- Finding and solving problems in your organization’s processes
- Using a systematic model to solve simple to complex problems
- How to easily and clearly implement the 7-Step problem-solving model
- Creating a storyboard
- Expert tips throughout the Jogger, clearly marked
- Advanced problem-solving concepts and techniques
ISBN: 978-1-57681-135-1 (Pocket Guide)
ISBN: 978-1-57681-182-5 (Desktop Guide)