Note: This book has been replaced by a newer edition, Facilitation at a Glance – 4th Edition, released in November 2016 and available at this link.
Includes summary pages, checklists, tip sheets and learn what to do at the start, middle and end of facilitated sessions. Decision-making methods include strategies about when to use each approach. By user demand, we have additional process tools and more about facilitating virtual distance meetings. Learn how leaders can balance the facilitator role with their other duties, since most facilitation is actually done by leaders and not neutral outsiders.
Ingrid Bens, a nationally known consultant/trainer, continues to enlighten us with a comprehensive view of the role of the facilitator and the essential core practices that are always in play. Included is a compendium of strategies for gaining buy-in, ensuring participation, overcoming resistance, building consensus and creating a positive team climate.
- A Facilitation Cue Card, highlighting core facilitation skills
- Facilitation in the Classroom, strategies for use at the start, middle and end of learning activities
- Enhanced process checks to keep challenging conversations flowing
- Group Assessment Survey, useful when analyzing traits of groups
- Wandering Flipcharts, a technique in the chapter on process tools
- A meeting design template, including a list of key meeting components
Also available in French and as an onsite workshop.
- Eliminate time wasted by major discussions of minor issues
- Clarify and agree to roles and responsibilities of team members
- Realize the successes of collaboration
- Be recognized as an effective leader and manager
- Achieve meaningful results faster