Take a look at the Table of Contents and selected pages below.
Conflict will find you, whether you’re ready and equipped to handle it, or not!
Don’t leave it to chance how you deal with your everyday disagreements, long-established rifts, and out-and-out battles. A quick read from Conflict at a Glance! will help you understand common types of conflicts, body language, ineffective and effective dialog, and the power of good listening skills. You’ll learn the simple steps of a conflict management approach, whether you are cultivating a new mindset and way of interacting as a supervisor or as a member of a team or community group, or if you are mediating a dispute between other people.
This book is a working toolbox with real-world examples, checklists, self-tests, and tips. It fully describes 14 techniques for resolving disputes, (while still maintaining relationships), and six tactics for neutralizing toxic behaviors. It may well become a reference-at-the-ready in your pocket, briefcase, or pocketbook. This is an essential resource for:
- Managers, team/project leaders
- Customer service professionals
- Community members and members of social groups
- Family members, married couples and parents
- Principals, teachers and students
- Anyone who must maintain a good relationship with family, workers and supervisors, vendors and customers